Reserves squad v Norwooden Spoon

PLEASE REGISTER AND LOG IN to enable access to the other forums. Topics all about the Glenelg Tigers in the SANFL, match reports, photos, team selection, news and views. The Tigers play Australian Rules Football in the South Australian National Football League.

Reserves squad v Norwooden Spoon

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:22 am

Bradley,Longman,Redden,Thompson,Sutherland,Anderson,L.Button, Wade, Kenney, Percy, Basir, Wood, L.Saunders, R.Saunders, Wallent, Graham, Yoemans, Foster, Burdett.
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby LBJ23 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:14 pm

L Saunders was wearing no1 last week wasn't he, i got there just at the end of the ressies last week, how did he play????
LBJ23

Postby LBJ23 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Sorry just read the other thread, cheers for the info.....
LBJ23

Postby Maxyoz » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:42 pm

Lee Saunders wore No 53 at the start of the game and No. 59 after 5 minutes into the game. This week he will be wearing number 38. Matt Graham is in number 39 not 30 as that jumper has been misplaced. And since 39 is meant to be Will Bradley's number, but Matt Graham has been wearing it all year, Will Bradley is wearing Number 1.

Don't believe the Budget - I hope we are all confused now.

So, what does a number mean?? Not much to some, but a hell of a lot to others.

I think that Rugby may have the answer in that a number signifies a position, but that makes it really hard for the versatile players who can play forward or back* and those changing off the ball, through the forward pocket and rotating off the bench.
Maxyoz

Postby Maxyoz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:20 am

Goes to show that 1 quarter of footy does not a winning team make - although we came very close.

Welcome to the Club Lee Saunders, what a fantastic, gutsy game. No wonder he never fitted in at South, he actually tries.

Lucas Block and Marcus Burdett were back to their blistering best and Wadey was great in the 2nd half down back. Must have been something about backmen in 2nd halves, obviously set up Forest's great effort.

Unfortunately, spent a lot of time chasing and not getting, but, Norwood did have 8 blokes over 6'4", so that stretched us a bit. And Cox, No 37, was virtually untouchable for Norwood.

I cannot believe that Jamie Vlatko is not good enough to get into the League team after what I saw yesterday, especially when you consider that David Yeomans is good enough. :shock:
Maxyoz

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:23 am

Maxyoz wrote:I cannot believe that Jamie Vlatko is not good enough to get into the League team after what I saw yesterday, especially when you consider that David Yeomans is good enough. :shock:

madcap (milkdrinker) muttered the same thing to me early in the seniors match.
"I am not a number; I am the Bays' latest premiership!"
Pseudo
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby CP » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Maxyoz wrote:I cannot believe that Jamie Vlatko is not good enough to get into the League team after what I saw yesterday, especially when you consider that David Yeomans is good enough. :shock:

madcap (milkdrinker) muttered the same thing to me early in the seniors match.

I think all Norwood supporters feel the same way :(
CP

Return to The RESERVES + the Other grades