Reserves vs the South Pantless

PLEASE REGISTER AND LOG IN to enable access to the other forums. Topics all about the Glenelg Tigers in the SANFL, match reports, photos, team selection, news and views. The Tigers play Australian Rules Football in the South Australian National Football League.

Postby GILLY12 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:07 am

Ecky wrote:
GILLY12 wrote:James Sellar had about 14 touches...... He had only had 5 possession in the first half........... He took about 4 marks from memory (1 contested)

You are exactly on the money, Gilly12! We had him down for 14 touches, 5 in the first half, with 4 marks. You aren't one of our stats team in disguise are you? :lol:

no. im a just a crows fan who is keen to see how James Sellar is going. I was counting his possessions today and although he didnt star i didnt think he was too bad considering the ball didnt enter souths forward 50 to often. When it did Ben Warren seemed to kick a goal.
G12
GILLY12

Postby LBJ23 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Love to see McGregor come in to the side this week, really think he could be good around our forward lines, he is really quick and would be great to have front and centre crumbing the ball. He is a must imho.
LBJ23

Postby Ranga » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:29 pm

LBJ23 wrote:Love to see McGregor come in to the side this week, really think he could be good around our forward lines, he is really quick and would be great to have front and centre crumbing the ball. He is a must imho.
I too am a big fan of McGregor, but not sure that having him and SLSP both in the 50 wouldn't be counter-productive?
We still need a tall, marking target in the goalsquare, and even when Button was sent there in the second half we did nothing to make use of his height (eg low, easily cut-off passing inside the fifty).
Ranga
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby LBJ23 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:45 pm

pudgey wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:Love to see McGregor come in to the side this week, really think he could be good around our forward lines, he is really quick and would be great to have front and centre crumbing the ball. He is a must imho.
I too am a big fan of McGregor, but not sure that having him and SLSP both in the 50 wouldn't be counter-productive?
We still need a tall, marking target in the goalsquare, and even when Button was sent there in the second half we did nothing to make use of his height (eg low, easily cut-off passing inside the fifty).

Id love to see our forward set up look like this

FF McGregor, Duldig (1st choice) or one of Kirk/Button/Sellar, Macca
HF Mahoney, Kirkby, Mitchell

We have pleny of options i think two tall main targets and if our ruckmen work hard to get down there as a third would be enough....Agree though, that it doesn't matter how many tall targets we have done there if we don't use there height.
LBJ23

Postby Ecky » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:59 pm

pudgey wrote:We still need a tall, marking target in the goalsquare, and even when Button was sent there in the second half we did nothing to make use of his height (eg low, easily cut-off passing inside the fifty).

Yep, I particularly noticed this as I was following Button closely when watching the replay. :wink: There were many times when the ball was kicked in his general direction inside 50, but not once did he get his hands on the ball. All his 17 possessions were either after ruck contests or in the back half of the ground.

I for one would much prefer to see someone like Duldig in the role of the tall forward.
John Olsen June 2012 wrote:"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable.
We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams)."
Ecky

Postby BringBackChiggy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:02 pm

19 replies for the ressies thread, is this officially a bandwagon? Hooray!!!

Sorry if it was answered earlier, & I was too lazy to read it, but with Norwood going down to the Eags, do we go top on percentage? The Sunday mail had us as second, but did not state the percentage for each team, & ours must be healthy. And I dont trust the mail to give two hoots about anything sanfl.
BringBackChiggy

Postby Ecky » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:09 pm

The Sunday Mail got it wrong, and we are in fact on top. Hooray! :D
John Olsen June 2012 wrote:"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable.
We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams)."
Ecky

Postby Mods » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:18 pm

bringbackchiggy wrote:Sorry if it was answered earlier, & I was too lazy to read it, but with Norwood going down to the Eags, do we go top on percentage? The Sunday mail had us as second, but did not state the percentage for each team, & ours must be healthy. And I dont trust the mail to give two hoots about anything sanfl.

Given we have more for points 1471 v 1462 and less agaisnt points 1153 v 1226 I'd say we're definately on top...
"Ladies and gentlemen there are many good players in football and there are some greats and then there is a rare number who are champions. Tonight you get to see one of those champions – Peter Carey." Michael Sexton, Remembering the Horse, Footy Almanac
Mods
2024 "Carey" Sponsor

Previous

Return to The RESERVES + the Other grades