Reserves team Qualifying Final 13/9/8

PLEASE REGISTER AND LOG IN to enable access to the other forums. Topics all about the Glenelg Tigers in the SANFL, match reports, photos, team selection, news and views. The Tigers play Australian Rules Football in the South Australian National Football League.

Re: Reserves team Qualifying Final 13/9/8

Postby Tiger Couple » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:32 am

Pretty scrappy affair. Both teams struggled to hit targets going into the wind. I think we would have struggled to hit a bus with our disposals early.

Recovered well and then had a late flourish to the 2nd qtr to go into half time with a nice lead and my feeling was that that was going to be the 10-15 minutes that won us the game.

North hit back but never at any stage did we look worried just got out head down and kicked a way to a nice win. Straighter kicking and the result would have been a bit closier to the real margin after qtr time.

Best for me just going down the budget:
Grosser provided a good target to kick to up forward.
Lewis after some kicking yips early recovered well and became that great link man through the middle he has been all year.
Liebelt rock solid down back. Worst case senario and we got a injury to a backman in the league I would be confident of him stepping up nicely.
Macca was back to signs of his best was taking some nice marks upforward just didn't have his kicking boot on which cost him a bag of 5 or 6.
Day rock solid at CHB always makes a contest.
Adlington really stood up and was clean with his possesions in the 2nd Half
Carey looked very classy on the wing and capped it with a couple nice goals.
Tiger Couple

Previous

Return to The RESERVES + the Other grades