PREMIER'S GLENELG U19's !!!

PLEASE REGISTER AND LOG IN to enable access to the other forums. Topics all about the Glenelg Tigers in the SANFL, match reports, photos, team selection, news and views. The Tigers play Australian Rules Football in the South Australian National Football League.

PREMIER'S GLENELG U19's !!!

Postby Dirko » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Well done to the 19's on winning the GF defeating Sturt by 18 points (sorry don't have the final score).

A great even team effort, and the lads stood up when it counted and never gave in.

I'm sure Ecky will provide the last ever stats for an U19 game, but I though Redden in the last quarter
was sensational, Sverdloff took a great grab to seal the deal, and the boys ran it out fantastically....

BUT, and I say this with all due respect...

WHY, did the club not get these lads up on the stage ? Why didn't they sit them down in the function
room and let them feast ? The least these boys deserved was a chance to get up on stage with the flag
and trophy and belt out the song.....

I stand to be corrected or told why but poor form IMO...

P.S Well done to Snooky for thanking the Louts in his speech and for the boys coming over and sharing
the fun....Well done you Tigers...

PREMIERS 2008 GLENELG U19's
Stand by your man!
Dirko

Re: PREMIER'S GLENELG U19's !!!

Postby Ranga » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:15 pm

GLENELG 17.15 (117)
STURT 13.21 (99)

Ranga
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Mods » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:20 pm

sjabc wrote:
P.S Well done to Snooky for thanking the Louts in his speech and for the boys coming over and sharing
the fun....Well done you Tigers...

Don't quote me but I understand Snooky played the GF with a broken hand/finger. The size of it during the week didn't look good. I know he was in a fair bit of doubt early on - good to see the character of the lad come through on the big stage.
"Ladies and gentlemen there are many good players in football and there are some greats and then there is a rare number who are champions. Tonight you get to see one of those champions – Peter Carey." Michael Sexton, Remembering the Horse, Footy Almanac
Mods
2024 "Carey" Sponsor

Postby Stevie_K » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Well done you young blokes. Looked stoked when i saw them coming out of the rooms
Bays Since Birth - Go You Mighty Tigers!
Stevie_K
2024 "Carey" Sponsor

Location: Searching for cheap kicks off half back / Melbourne

Postby MatteeG » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:49 pm

Super effort by the lads! Does this mean we keep the U19 trophy forever now?

Top effort once again... gave us some (early) joy yesterday!!
"Man, I ain't got time for pain. The only pain I've got time for, is the pain I put on fools who don't realise what time it is."
MatteeG

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 pm

Absolute belter of a game, and one of the best grand finals i've ever seen. Well done to the guys, i'm sure they will all remember it for the rest of their lives, and deservedly so.

Hopefully more then a few of them will progress up through the grades at the Bay, or even higher, and will inject the spirit they all showed yesterday into the teams they are playing with in the future.

Well done guys, you made the GFC fans very, very proud.
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Bayslions » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:22 pm

Well done U19's!!!!!!

I echo SJABC comment, poor form not introducing the juniors on stage!!
Bayslions

Postby Hot-Dogs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:37 pm

sjabc wrote: Sverdloff took a great grab to seal the deal, and the boys ran it out fantastically....

Hot-Dogs

Postby Dirko » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks Cory. That is one hell of a fantastic photo...Should be proud of that one.... :D

Well done for the photo's all year too BTW....
Stand by your man!
Dirko

Postby Hot-Dogs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks SJABC

Hot-Dogs

Postby Tiger Couple » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:44 am

I also thought they deserved the chance to enjoy the glory and hold centre stage.

Got to the game during the 3rd qtr and it was a great finish. I think our boys just had that will to win to make up for the QF loss and when they got ahead they were never going to give Sturt a sniff. Sturt appeared to run out of legs with players trying to stretch out cramps from last in the 3rd and during the last qtrs.

Great team effort and you could see even when sturt got out but 2-3 goals the boys kept backing themselves in and put the pressure right on sturt who went to pieces. I don't think Sturt got a run on from any kick ins from points in the last qtr. On a couple of occasions were called to play on and rushed kicks which we either stole or atleast deflected and held sturt up.

Great effort have watched all the boys finals game and they seemed to play with that great Tiger Team spirit a couple of guys that could be handy assets in the reserves next year.

A good piece of History the last u/19 premiers.
Tiger Couple

Postby BringBackChiggy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:53 am

As gutsy as you will get, fought it out all morning, brilliant last 10 minutes.

You have all done your club proud.

If they were running short on time Sunday night on stage, maybe Ty's 'U Dogs' chant could have been scrapped to at least get the boys up there for some much deserved recognition.
BringBackChiggy

Postby Pseudo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:50 am

Bayslions wrote:Well done U19's!!!!!!

A little harsh. The 19s would have been up at the crack of dawn for a 9 AM start, and wouldn't have got much kip the night before. Expecting them to be still performing at 9 PM is a little unrealistic.

It mighta been an idea to have them appear at the family day instead. (For all I know they might have done so)
"I am not a number; I am the Bays' latest premiership!"
Pseudo
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 am

Pseudo wrote:

A little harsh. The 19s would have been up at the crack of dawn for a 9 AM start, and wouldn't have got much kip the night before. Expecting them to be still performing at 9 PM is a little unrealistic.

It mighta been an idea to have them appear at the family day instead. (For all I know they might have done so)

I heard yesterday that the u19's were presented earlier in the night in the club. Apparently they all then went to a function for them held in a Private home.

But yes, i wish they were presented on the big stage as well.
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Bayslions » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Pseudo wrote:

They were still about well into the later part of night.
Bayslions

Next

Return to The RESERVES + the Other grades