u 18's prelim 2010

PLEASE REGISTER AND LOG IN to enable access to the other forums. Topics all about the Glenelg Tigers in the SANFL, match reports, photos, team selection, news and views. The Tigers play Australian Rules Football in the South Australian National Football League.

u 18's prelim 2010

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:12 pm

I will be there, starts at 9.10 am, i have ONE spare members pass if anyone wants to be my friend for the morning.

Oh, and EOTT/Pseudo/Grant, this is a real pass that actually will get you into the ground and everything. :oops:
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Re: u 18's prelim 2010

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:10 am

Team from the paper (from)

Agnew, Armfield, Carger, Curtis, Diment, Edwards, Evans, Earl, Fox, Francis, Galley, Hender, Hinge, Kain, Kennedy, Lockett, Longbottom, B Mcintyre, T McIntyre, McCarthy, McMahon, Neale, Newton, Nicholson, Perryman, Proud, Snook.
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby 85 Was A Good Year » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:51 am

Seb Tape permit refused by SANFL to play U18s for us in rest of finals.
(Probably because he got our League's Best Player last week :wink: )

:arrow: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 5929021347

THE SANFL will ''discuss at length'' a rule which prohibits players from returning to their regular grade once promoted within their club for finals.
State league manager Darren Chandler said changes to the long-standing rule would be considered before the start of next season.

"We need to consider the best interests of the player and the competition,'' Chandler said.

It comes after Glenelg youngster Seb Tape was denied the chance to return to the Tigers' under-18s for tomorrow's preliminary final because of making his league debut last weekend.

Tape captained SA's under-18 team this year but also played more than five reserves games for Glenelg, meaning he required a permit to play under-18s finals which was granted.

But after being promoted for last weekend's league clash against Norwood, Tape has been banned from returning to the under-18s tomorrow.
Glenelg football manager Ken Applegarth said under-age players should be allowed to return during finals.

"It's an elite program, you want the best playing the best on the main showground as far as they can possibly go into finals,'' he said. Sturt football manager Duane Massey agreed.
"You want to give these kids every opportunity to play in front of recruiters so they can try to get onto an AFL list,'' he said.

Port Adelaide coach Tony Bamford was in charge of the club's under-18 team which lost Sam Gray, Scott Lycett and Luke Carey for last year's grand final because they'd played reserves the week before. But he doesn't want sweeping changes to the rule.
"I'm a bit half and half. I can understand clubs want their best players playing, but I still see the 18s as a developing program,'' Bamford said.
"And if they go back to the under-18s, it takes a position away from a developing player.''
Eye of the Tiger, Heart of the Bay
85 Was A Good Year

Postby Not Bungey » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:24 pm

The SANFL got it right last year, and wrong this year.
Not Bungey
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:43 am

q time one goal four us
Them three goals three
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:16 am

half time
Us three goals seven
Them six goals seven
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:35 pm

yay we won, came from the clouds.

Ben kennedy kicked one of the best goals ever at aami

Armfield played well but had the yips

Matt snook was very good too....
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby 85 Was A Good Year » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Diamond Diment kicked 4 and Lacky Earl diid the task set but Pat McCarthy starred
Eye of the Tiger, Heart of the Bay
85 Was A Good Year

Postby Bays_r_Great » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:24 am

85 Was A Good Year wrote:Seb Tape permit refused by SANFL to play U18s for us in rest of finals.
(Probably because he got our League's Best Player last week :wink: )

:arrow: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 5929021347

THE SANFL will ''discuss at length'' a rule which prohibits players from returning to their regular grade once promoted within their club for finals.
State league manager Darren Chandler said changes to the long-standing rule would be considered before the start of next season.

"We need to consider the best interests of the player and the competition,'' Chandler said.

It comes after Glenelg youngster Seb Tape was denied the chance to return to the Tigers' under-18s for tomorrow's preliminary final because of making his league debut last weekend.

Tape captained SA's under-18 team this year but also played more than five reserves games for Glenelg, meaning he required a permit to play under-18s finals which was granted.

But after being promoted for last weekend's league clash against Norwood, Tape has been banned from returning to the under-18s tomorrow.
Glenelg football manager Ken Applegarth said under-age players should be allowed to return during finals.

"It's an elite program, you want the best playing the best on the main showground as far as they can possibly go into finals,'' he said. Sturt football manager Duane Massey agreed.
"You want to give these kids every opportunity to play in front of recruiters so they can try to get onto an AFL list,'' he said.

Port Adelaide coach Tony Bamford was in charge of the club's under-18 team which lost Sam Gray, Scott Lycett and Luke Carey for last year's grand final because they'd played reserves the week before. But he doesn't want sweeping changes to the rule.
"I'm a bit half and half. I can understand clubs want their best players playing, but I still see the 18s as a developing program,'' Bamford said.
"And if they go back to the under-18s, it takes a position away from a developing player.''

Seb Tape held up by Red Tape :roll:
We're GFC! We're Dynamite!!
We're GFC! And the others are Shite!!
So says Tony
Bays_r_Great

Return to The RESERVES + the Other grades