Reserves Into Grand Final!

PLEASE REGISTER AND LOG IN to enable access to the other forums. Topics all about the Glenelg Tigers in the SANFL, match reports, photos, team selection, news and views. The Tigers play Australian Rules Football in the South Australian National Football League.

Reserves Into Grand Final!

Postby John_Fidge » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:07 pm

Won by 3 odd goals. The margin was in the single figures for most of the game with the lead changing hands several times. It was a very nervous match to watch with errors galore which were understandable in the conditions. We were able to kick away towards the end but there were times that I thought we were gone. Both sides played tough, wet weather footy and it was a courageous win by the boys. Port had a pretty good side out there today with players like Ricky O'Loughlin,Chad Davis,Roc Harry and Jeremy Jaques. The aboriginal number 49, Daniel Coleman really impressed me too. For us, it was a complete team effort. Krueger took a great mark considering the conditions as we started to get on top near the end. Herbert didn't make the final team which was understandable for the conditions and I'm not sure who the other one was that was left out. D.Reavill?
There was 1 injury but I don't know who because it was difficult to see from my end but it looked a shoulder/collarbone/arm type of injury which looked bad enough. Tom Cooper possibly.
So on to footy park we go for the big one and a chance to get back at North after a frustrating loss at Norwood last week. With some injured players coming back and the committment and passion that exists with this top bunch of lads,we are a big show at premiership glory.
John_Fidge

Postby BringBackChiggy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:34 pm

Think it was Ty Allen with the collarbone by the sounds of it. Will be sorely missed, but hopefully we have the depth to cover it.

Who is looking to come back in next week Fidgey?

Gutsy win by the boys, cant wait for next Sunday.
BringBackChiggy

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:06 pm

Hooray!

I snuck out of the thing i was at, and listened to the last 1/4 on 5RPH (great coverage CA, cheers for that) and it was great to listen to.

Sounded like a bloody great effort, on the radio they gave the umpires a complete bake, and mentioned the Snouts Louts firing up and yelling loud.

Bloody great effort by the magoos so far, they deserved to make the granny, but now the REAL hard work starts.

Also on the radio they mentioned that Allo had somehow bent the goal post in the first 1/4, but i missed hearing what happened.

Hooray, see u all Sunday!
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Ecky » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:25 pm

Glenelg 8.14 62 defeated Port 5.9 39

Goalscorers - Krueger 2, Allison, Block, Doswell, Gamble, Milne, Ruwoldt

Player (Kicks, Marks, Handballs)
(sorted by most to least possessions)

Greenwood 20 4 13
Ruwoldt 15 5 9
Panozzo 17 5 5
Horan 16 2 6
Bradley 14 4 8
Block 16 2 5
Doswell 16 0 5
Milne 13 2 8
Lally 9 4 9
Krueger 10 3 7
Gamble 12 1 4
Yeomans 11 3 5
Willits 9 3 3
Kaesler 9 2 2
Allen 6 2 4 (injured AC joint during 2nd quarter)
Smith 7 0 1
Allison 4 0 3
Redden 3 1 4
Griffiths 4 3 1
Wade 3 2 1
Button 2 0 0
Ecky

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:29 pm

Yep, they picked Greeny as a stand out BOG on the radio.
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby BringBackChiggy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:30 pm

Allo pretty much shirt fronted the goal post in a marking contest I think. From what I remember he just shook it off & kept playing. Kicked a ripper goal late in the game.

I cant believe they had the ressies on the radio! Hooray for CA.
BringBackChiggy

Postby BringBackChiggy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:34 pm

Greeny = ball magnet.

Nice work Ecky.
BringBackChiggy

Postby Maxyoz » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:06 pm

Two really important notes from todays game:

Great Hi/Bye yelled out to me at quarter time from the Bradman Stand.

What were you doing in the Bradman Stand?? With your umbrellas open?????
Maxyoz

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:39 pm

IT WAS VERY WET ON THE HILL!!![/i]

GOLD to Tigerboss for his quote of the day to the goal umpire "Doddle Head" after the goal rewarded a hit the post after hitting himself.

Very untidy game in my opinion, alot of set shots missed which hopefully Burgo will hammer that into the boys during this week with some goal kicking drills.

I loved coming home after win to watch league game with Waterhouse spitting the biggest dummy and ending up getting dragged.

Does anyone know what days the boys are training this week, might be good to go down :shock: and watch them and have a meal and BEER.

Come on Sunday Bloody Sunday!!! for a win against Norfs. Bring it on!!!!

Postby Maxyoz » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:47 pm

Monday Night - 5.30pm, Recovery, Light run.
Tuesday Night - 5.30pm
Thurday Night - 5.30pm
Saturday Morning - 9.00am (Beach run)
Maxyoz

Postby baysman » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:21 pm

Hooray Bays....a G/F berth. You ripper !

What's next....a " reserves " match on Channel 7 every Saturday morning, followed by a replay of the " mini League " ? Ah..the good ol' days !
Bathe me in Black & Gold
baysman

Postby eyeofthetiger » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:47 pm

Baysman, if you are not coming over for the game , 5RPH is doing the reserves game on the net
There is nothing more certain than a Glenelg Grand Final
eyeofthetiger

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:43 pm

Ecky wrote:Player (Kicks, Marks, Handballs)
(sorted by most to least possessions)

Greenwood 20 4 13
Ruwoldt 15 5 9
Panozzo 17 5 5

That would be my 3-2-1 vote, FWIW.

Greeny got plenty of the ball. Didn't always do well with it, but was in it with the right intensity for a final.

Was not a pleasant game to watch. Hard-in tackling with numbers at the ball made for a very scrappy affair. At least it gave the boys a chance to work in some pressure conditions in front of a "crowd".

Still plenty of unforced errors in front of goal. The Bays could have had the filth buried at 3/4 time. They simply <i>cannot</i> afford to burn the ball in front of goals like they did today.

Nevertheless the defensive pressure was superb, and the effort was maintained for the whole match. Keep it up next week and they might just bring home another trophy for the cabinet.

GO YOU BAYS!
Last edited by Pseudo on Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not a number; I am the Bays' latest premiership!"
Pseudo
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby TigerBoss » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:52 am

Greeny was outstanding...with the loss of Ty next week he'll have to put in another performance like that for us to get up.

We WILL win against North...we played shite at Norwood two weeks ago and they only held us off by 1 goal...it's in our destiny to defeat North in GF's...it'll happen again.

Outstanding day at the footy...first our 2's smashed the hapless Fagpies...then the players rewarded our voice by coming over the forward 50 at the Bradman Stand end and applauding our efforts. We'll ALL be there again next week and I cannot wait...

Then the Fagpie A's were smashed into oblivion...had that been a dry day, they would've lost by 20 goals...

Joel and I gave Fathouse a serve...and every goal was awarded with a "your goal Ah Chee"...turns out he was Port's best by a mile...boo Bays supporters firing up strong performances from Fagpie players.
When I die, scatter my ashes all over the Glenelg Football Oval.
TigerBoss

Postby matt » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:30 am

well done Magoos.
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu was BOG for mine (only got there for the second half though).
Missed a few stinkers in front of goal in the third and it looked like the filth were going to run all over them when they goaled early in the last.
Thankfully they absolutely dominated from that point.
Hooray for beating Port.
Boo for not being able to go the GF :(
chimpanze that, monkey news...
matt

Return to The RESERVES + the Other grades