Thursday Training

PLEASE REGISTER AND LOG IN to enable access to the other forums. Topics all about the Glenelg Tigers in the SANFL, match reports, photos, team selection, news and views. The Tigers play Australian Rules Football in the South Australian National Football League.

Thursday Training

Postby Tiger Tough » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:57 pm

I wish I could go, please guys report back any news on players etc.
Tiger Tough

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:10 pm

I'm Out as well, but watch this space, we have plenty of roving reporters who will tell all!
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Tiger Tough » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:21 pm

You guys rule
Tiger Tough

Postby BringBackChiggy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:30 am

You know the right words to say Tiger Tough!

Any report TB??? Please? Was team selection tonight?
BringBackChiggy

Postby John_Fidge » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:48 am

All I know is that Bennett and Herbert are amongst the ins. Does anyone know how Phil and Herby trained last night? What about Ty Allen? If all 3 come in, I think we have this in the bag.
John_Fidge

Postby Maxyoz » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:48 am

Team will not be finalised until after training tomorrow morning.

Tony Burgess is a man who is totally focussed on a win and is picking players for the best TEAM.

Remember guys, no matter what happens on or off the field, when it comes to footy, NOTHING OVERIDES TEAM.

Wow - that's quite profound.
Maxyoz

Postby TigerBoss » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:05 am

It was a pretty heartening session last night...lots of voice and the boys looked really excited about what's ahead this week.

Ty Allen trained away from the main group and looked VERY doubtful...he was favouring the sore shoulder but when I asked him if he was playing, he wound the arm up and said "bloody oath I am". So in summary, who f*cking knows if he'll play or not?

Herby was training OK, a little gingerly with knee brace on, so he would still be doubtful. Other than that, Bennett was spotted putting in some hard ones so hopefully he comes up. Nothing else really to report.

Great to see those of you that were there, JB, Steve "bumble-bee" man, WazzaTroy, Bayman, Bays_R_Great, Baygirl and Baygirl's bloke and Baygirl's friend that JB took a liking to.

Sucked in to JB who asked one of the familiar faces down at the club how he's going and copped a 20 minute bitch and moan about how p1ssed off he is that after all he's done for the club, he wasn't given a free pass to this week's GF.

The boys had a chat with Ron Redford...for me personally I found this a very interesting chat and I was keen to get a few answers out of him re. the Board and a few other things. I was reasonably satisfied with some responses, though SOME comments that won't be put up here were rather surprising and in a sense I felt I was being pretty well bull-sh1tted.

Fish was there, along with about 10 or so of the League squad. Fish has just had shoulder surgery and is in a sling...could be right for Round 1 but his initial comment was that he may be out of action for up to 6 months...so we'll have to watch this with interest. We huddled around Fish and all told him exactly what the club means to us and tried to get a gauge on his attitude towards the club. He LOVES the club and REALLY wants to see the club improve. His comments were that we have a premiership winning list, just that with the right coach, the team needs to play exactly like that, a team. I was extremely heartened after talking with Fish, who was very honest about his own season and what he wants out of footy. A very good chap that I hope we see a lot more of.

Then we went inside and had a brief chat with my boy Mulesy and Buck...good to see the chaps all getting down to the club to support the 2's. At one point about 10 league players were having a kick-to-kick and Sudj Cook went half way over to the Ressies huddle and started yelling out support and clapping...that got me pumped up big time...and was excellent to see.
When I die, scatter my ashes all over the Glenelg Football Oval.
TigerBoss

Postby John_Fidge » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:19 am

If Bennett comes up then that will release Kruges into the forward line and there could be the matchwinning move. Kruges, on a dry day is my tip for BOG.
John_Fidge

Postby TigerBoss » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:25 am

He CAN be Fidgey...if he gets it into his head that he doesn't need to be taking the grab of the century EVERY time he's anywhere near the pill.

I'd love to see him playing each ball on its merits and showcasing what we all know he can do.
When I die, scatter my ashes all over the Glenelg Football Oval.
TigerBoss

Postby Tiger Tough » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:08 pm

Has anyone seen the official team from the paper yet? Is it possible to post it?
Tiger Tough

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:15 pm

Just a list of the same 25 names as last week, no ins or outs.
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Return to The RESERVES + the Other grades