Reserves Team vs Norwood - SENSATIONAL on paper!

PLEASE REGISTER AND LOG IN to enable access to the other forums. Topics all about the Glenelg Tigers in the SANFL, match reports, photos, team selection, news and views. The Tigers play Australian Rules Football in the South Australian National Football League.

Reserves Team vs Norwood - SENSATIONAL on paper!

Postby Ecky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:05 pm

FF: McGregor Sutherland Holmes
HF: Ruwoldt Duldig Sellar
C: Fosdike Block Graham
HB: Sugars Kirk Lally
FB: Wallent Day C Kane
R: Guilhaus Lewis Horan
Int: Tutt Longman Bradley

I am confident that this is our strongest Reserves team since the 1992 Grand Final (which had players like Gibbs, Symonds, Hele, West, McCully, Elias, Thornborrow, Budarick, Melican, P McGuinness, McRae). How did we lose that game to the Eagles, Tassie???
John Olsen June 2012 wrote:"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable.
We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams)."
Ecky

Postby Ecky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:04 pm

PS This team has 12 players that have League experience, the most since the 2005 Grand Final which had 14 players who had made their League debut before that time.
John Olsen June 2012 wrote:"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable.
Ecky

Postby Not Bungey » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:14 pm

almost the complete opposite in strength to the reserves team in the first round or so.
Not Bungey
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby CA » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Should be intersting, For a whole number of reasons I think we have 11 guys who are either ruckman or key position players in our reserves team for tonight. I'm not sure the conditions will help the bigmen.
http://www.footySA.com - The website with all the SANFL news.
CA

Postby Ranga » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:19 pm

CA wrote:Should be intersting, For a whole number of reasons I think we have 11 guys who are either ruckman or key position players in our reserves team for tonight. I'm not sure the conditions will help the bigmen.
And strangely enough for a club seemingly short of tall options, we seem to have a fair number of talls in this Reserves side.
Ranga
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Postby Ecky » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:49 pm

Well the team didn't play at all like I was hoping they would. :oops:

Norwood 11.6 72 d Glenelg 7.16 58

Goalscorers: Graham 2.1, Sellar 1.3, Ruwoldt 1.1, McGregor 1.1, Fosdike 1.0, Holmes 1.0, Duldig 0.5, Lally 0.2, Horan 0.1.

It was embarrassing watching Duldig kicking for goal - he has lost complete confidence. :cry: In hindsight, I think that dropping him to the Reserves was the worst thing to do - should have given him a run further up the ground when he wasn't finding the ball earlier in the year in my opinion. He has just gone backwards since being dropped.

Code: Select all
kick-mk-hb
24   4   10   Ruwoldt, Mark
22   8   8   Lally, Angus
14   2   11   Horan, Jack
17   9   6   Wallent, Tom
12   5   9   Fosdike, Jack
15   6   6   Lewis, Scott
13   2   7   Graham, Matthew
10   4   7   Holmes, Tom
 7   4   8   Kirk, Daniel
 6   1   8   Bradley, Will
 9   4   4   Duldig, Matthew
 4   2   9   Kane, Chris
 6   1   5   Tutt, Ryan
 2   2   8   Guilhaus, Sebastian
 5   2   5   McGregor, Lachlan
 5   2   5   Sellar, James
 7   2   3   Sugars, Brad
 6   0   2   Day, Aaron
 3   2   3   Vallance, Bradley
 1   0   4   Longman, Daniel
 2   1   1   Sutherland, Jason
Ecky

Postby Speedy Tigers! » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:55 pm

Good to see Roo dominate. Has (presumably!) guaranteed a call back to the main show next week, hopefully to stay where he belongs.

Gus Lally may be a shot well if we lose a few players back to the Cows/Power?
#FOREVERGOLD
Speedy Tigers!
2024 "Cornes" Sponsor

Re: Reserves Team vs Norwood - SENSATIONAL on paper!

Postby Mods » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:06 am

Ecky wrote:FF: McGregor Sutherland Holmes
HF: Ruwoldt Duldig Sellar
C: Fosdike Block Graham
HB: Sugars Kirk Lally
FB: Wallent Day C Kane
R: Guilhaus Lewis Horan
Int: Tutt Longman Bradley

I am confident that this is our strongest Reserves team since the 1992 Grand Final (which had players like Gibbs, Symonds, Hele, West, McCully, Elias, Thornborrow, Budarick, Melican, P McGuinness, McRae). How did we lose that game to the Eagles, Tassie???

Farked if i know, IIRC after 10 min mark 2nd quarter we were never really in it despite the scores being relatively close until the last quarter. Some kid called Freeborn played all-right along with a M Kluzak, R Negri, P Chapman (who killed us 3 years later in a game in Whyalla), J Spehr, A Schwartz, M Di Biase (he played well IIRC in the 1990 prelim :cry: ), J Sziller etc.....

(I brought a budget and found it 10 min ago.....hence why I know the Eagles players)

BTW two Symonds played for us that day......
"Ladies and gentlemen there are many good players in football and there are some greats and then there is a rare number who are champions. Tonight you get to see one of those champions – Peter Carey." Michael Sexton, Remembering the Horse, Footy Almanac
Mods
2024 "Carey" Sponsor

Return to The RESERVES + the Other grades